Order an international driving license for your trip abroad

Procedure to order an international driving license.

If you live in the canton of Zurich, check this out Internationaler Führerschein, you need:

  • a passport photo
  • your Swiss driving license
  • go to Strassenverkehrsamt
  • they will make it for you directly, it costs 15 CHF
  • it will be valid for 3 years

When you rent a vehicle abroad you will need to present both your original Swiss driving license and the international driving license.

Enjoy your driving and drive safely. Be aware of scams when you rent scooters in islands they often charge you for scratches, even those under the vehicle (ridiculous). That said make sure to check reviews of such “dealers”, take photos before renting the vehicle and ask if they are precise about scratches under the scooter. If they do, go somewhere else. Sand roads in islands are always crappy, with bumps and little stones etc. so 100% you will make some scratches of normal usage and you don’t want to pay 100-200-300 USD to those scammers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

The CAPTCHA cannot be displayed. This may be a configuration or server problem. You may not be able to continue. Please visit our status page for more information or to contact us.